Thursday, August 28, 2008

Bears vs Derby CC Day 2

Its ages since i have been able to get to the ground, in fact only my 4th visit this season because of various circumstances this Summer. Not really "cricket on the cheap" but i don't mind. I decided to visit the members' area for a change (i prefer to watch side onto the wicket), beer was overpriced of course. The club shop do not sell Bear logo tax disc holders anymore unfortunately which means my second car (ooh get me) will have to remain un-Bear-branded for the moment. I did get a new rubber for my bat's handle. As its been about 10 years since the last time i changed it i have forgotten again how to put it on the bat without getting a hernia.

As for the play well Trott looked good, rode his luck a bit but ended up not that far short of a double ton as the Bears amassed 476-9d, you'd think they'd have gone for 500... ah yes but the last man in was Chris Martin... Derby ended the day on 83/0. An early breakthrough will be needed tomorrow if we are win this.

No comments: