Friday, December 9, 2011

Australia name unchanged side

Australia have named an unchanged liner-up to the team that won at Brisbane for the second test against New Zealand at Hobart.

The Aussies picked-up a convincing win in the first match of the series, defeating their opponents by nine wickets and captain Michael Clarke believes that its only fair that he and the selectors stay true to those players. Fans of cricket betting will be keeping an eye on things.

This means all-rounder Dan Christian will continue as 12th man in place of the injured Ben Cutting.

Hobart is traditionally a pitch that suits the team that bowls first and Clarke says there is a good chance that he will decide to bowl first, if he wins the toss on Thursday morning.

“I'll wait and see tomorrow. I think overhead conditions will play a part. For me it's more about looking up than looking down to see what the weather is like," he said.

"If the wicket doesn't change much from what I see and it's still a little bit tacky and there's overhead conditions, there's a big chance I'll bowl first.

"But I've said that a few times in the past and gone out there and batted.

"I guess the two things I find really hard are bowling first when I win the toss and not picking a spinner” he added.

The only injury concern for Clarke surrounds opening batsman Shane Watson. The 30-year-old has been truly superb in recent months and Clarke says he expects the all-rounder to be fit for Hobart. Those betting online should remember this.

"Watto has got a slight calf strain. It's put him a couple of days behind but we're confident he'll be right for the Boxing Day Test."

No comments: